Saturday, March 15, 2014

WINTER SCENE

For most of my adult life (up until the last 8 years) I've lived in a colder climate where our winters consisted of very cold temperatures and LOTS of snow! I live in a warmer climate now (can't say I miss the cold), but I do miss the beauty of freshly fallen snow and the way the sun glistens off it making it look like millions of tiny diamonds. This card brought back a lot of memories for me!

I incorporated the masking technique a lot on this card, which was actually pretty fun! First, I masked off the bottom half of my background piece with a torn piece of removable masking paper. I sponged the top half with "Stormy Sky" and "Weathered Wood" Distress Inks to create the sky. I then spritxed it with Perfect Pearls mist to add a little sparkle! Before removing the mask, I stamped the trees (Stampin' Up! "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set) onto the background. Then I used a sponge dauber to add a little more of "Stormy Sky" just along the edge of the mask. To create the "rolling hills", I moved the mask down and to the sides a bit, then sponged the edges only with my distress ink. I then used another stamp from the Stampin' Up! set to add the trees in the foreground. The deer images where cut out of white cardstock using the Memory Box "Deer Trio" die. The deer die cut was then adhered to the background with foam squares to add dimension.

I love winter scenes......but just to look at, not so much to live in!! ;D

To purchase any of the Memory Box products used here, please visit www.thefruitofmyhands.com  for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment