Saturday, June 29, 2013


I've been playing with some new dies, and have really enjoyed the combination of kraft cardstock and patterned paper! Here's a simple card I made using my new dies:
Here's how I made it:
I started with an A2 size kraft cardbase. All the patterned paper used is from MME's Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" 6x6 paper pad. I cut the woodgrain oval and distressed the edges with Frayed Burlap distress ink. I glued a strip of burlap ribbon down the center of the card, then adhered the oval to the card with foam squares. The butterfly was cut from the Memory Box Isabella and Pippi butterfly dies. The die cuts were glued together down the center only, then adhered to the oval die cut with Glossy Accents. The banner was created using Simon Say's Stamp's "Tilted Banner die. The sentiment is from Hero Arts "Find Joy" stamp set. This was adhered to the oval die cut (which was already raised by the foam squares). The banner ends were adhered directly to the card base. The adhesive pearls are from Hero Arts "Sea" Cardmaking Essentials Kit.

Once again, thanks so much for stopping by!!


I just purchased some new dies and I've been chomping at the bit waiting to use them!! I always love incorporating patterned paper when I can, too! So, here's the card I made:
Here's how I did it:
I started with an A2 card base of kraft cardstock. Then I cut my banner die and "Absolutely" die out of the same kraft cardstock. The banners with patterned paper were cut from assorted pages from the charming MME Miss Caroline "Dolled Up" 6x6" paper pad. The banner was first assembled by adhering the patterned paper banners to the slightly larger kraft banners. The "rope" of the banner was adhered to the cardbase with foam squares underneath the bows at each end. The larger banners were adhered to the cardbase with foam squares. Then, the smaller patterned paper banners were adhered to the "rope" with Glossy Accents. ( I LOVE this glue!!)

For the sentiment area, I cut various strips of patterned paper from the same paper pad and arranged them on the bottom of my card base. The "Absolutely" die cut was glued on top of it all. I love how it stands out against the blue background. The "Amazing" stamp was inked with black ink and stamped on top of the blue patterned paper. Finally, adhesive pearls were added as accents.

Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you come back again!!

Sunday, June 16, 2013


I made this card for my Dad for Father's Day. He's a huge steam locomotive enthusiast and I'd been wanting to use this stamp for a long time. Here's the card:
I was very pleased with the vintage look of the card and the contrast in colors. Honestly, it looks so much better in real life!

Here's how I did it:
The only stamps used were for the train and the sentiment. The train is from 100 Proof Press (#3041) and the sentiment is from Sweet'nSassy (#SNS-031). The stamps were inked with VersaMark, stamped onto patterned paper, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The patterned paper is Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market". The card base is 6"x6". The stamped images were trimmed and adhered to coordinating patterned paper. I then cut strips of different sizes from the same patterned paper to compliment the front of the card and adhered them all to my cardbase.

Thanks so much for taking a peek!

Saturday, June 15, 2013


Today, I had the privilege of participating on another 90-minute Scramble with the Hero Arts Flickr Group. It feels like ages since I've been able to participate in a scramble.....and as almost was a blast! I must admit though, that the first card I made ended up in the garbage! It was waaaaaaaay too busy. But, I salvaged a small part of it and ended up using on the card I submitted for the scramble.  Here's my card:

Here's how I did it:
I stamped my Hero Arts "Traditional Butterfly" stamp on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I then cut it into a circle and distressed the edges with "Peacock Feathers" Distress ink. The circular piece behind the circular butterfly is the piece I salvaged from my original card. I had inked the Hero Arts "Large Solid Flower" stamp with "Peacock Feathers", Evergreen Bough" and "Frayed Burlap" - spritzed the stamp with water, and stamped onto white cardstock. I then lightly swiped over the stamped image with Peacock Feathers distress ink and distressed the edges with the same ink. The larger circle was adhered to my kraft cardbase, and the butterfly circle adhered on top of it with foam tape. The banner was also cut out of kraft cardstock and adhered with foam tape. The buttons were added as a finishing touch.

Thanks so much for looking!!