Saturday, April 21, 2012

Funky Fold Card

A while ago, I had come across a website that illustrated a variety of ways to make uniquely folded cards. I had forgotten about it....until today! I was rummaging through some paper scraps and happened to find the pre-cut and scored card base that I had made when I first found the site. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the site, nor could I find my template. But....I did find the template posted on a website here!  Woohoo!! So, here's the card I made:
Here's how I did it:
Go here to find the template to cut the card base. For the side and center strips, I inked the fabric and motif stamps with Versamark, stamped on tan paper and heat embossed with copper embossing powder. The embossed papers were then cut into strips to fit into the areas I wanted to adhere them to.

The diamond shape embellishment is kind of unique in the way I made it. I'll try to attempt to explain it here:
All pieces were cut with the Cuttlebug Harlequin die on my Cuttlebug. The largest diamond shape was cut out tan paper then distressed edges with distress ink. I decided to make the sides straight, so I trimmed off the 2 points on the side. The smaller diamond was actually cut from a paint chip, as was the darker banner on the sentiment. The larger emblem centered on the diamond was also cut from a paint chip. However, before I cut it, I stamped it with the motif stamp and heat embossed it with copper embossing powder. The flower in the very center was cut using the same die, on the same paint chip as the darker diamond. Once I adhered the die cuts to the darker diamond, I adhered it to the larger diamond with dimensional foam. 

The sentiment and bottom strip were cut from the same tan paper as the largest diamond. Edges on both were distressed with distress ink.  The sentiment banner was also adhered to the card with dimensional foam.

Here's the supplies I used:
I hope you come back and visit again!

Thinking of You Floral Window Card

Here's my second card for the ACA Online Card Class as well as another entry into A Blog Named Hero's Challenge "A Card with a View":
Here's how I did it:
Stamped the flowers onto white cardstock using chalk inks. Die cut the flowers using the coordinating dies. 

Cut the center of a 5X7 white card base with the largest oval die. Cut same size pieces of colored cardstock (to match my flowers) with the same oval dies in graduating sizes. I sandwiched a piece of acetate in between the oval pieces for the window.

The flowers were adhered with dimensional foam and gems were added to the "stem".

For the inside of the card, I cut an oval out of light blue cardstock with the largest oval die. For the tiny flowers, I inked a small flower stamp with Versamark, stamped randomly over the oval, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I also added a matching flower from the outside of the card onto the blue oval on the inside. The oval was adhered to the center of the inside of the card.

Here's a picture of the inside of the card:
Once I figured out where I wanted to position the sentiment, I inked the stamp with black ink and stamped onto the blue oval. 

Finally, I adhered light lavender gems onto the transparent window.

Here's some of the supplies I used:
Thanks for visiting!!!

Thinking of You Window Card in Browns

I'm taking another Online Card Class called "A Cut Above" where we are learning how to die cut using traditional die cutting machines as well as digital. The first portion of the class is using traditional machines - like my Cuttlebug. On day 2, we were taught how to make window cards using dies. Here's my first card. (I've also entered this card into A Blog Named Hero's "Card with a View" Challenge & Die Cut Diva's Challenge):
Here's how I did it:
I cut three A2 size (4.25"X5.5") pieces of cardstock (white, mocha, and tan). The white piece I inked with Walnut Ink Distress Stain. When dry, I inked the lotus stamp with Versamark, stamped on cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
The mocha piece I stamped with the paisley stamp inked with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
The tan piece was stamped with the flourish stamp inked in Walnut Ink Distress Ink.
The centers of the 3 pieces of cardstock were then die cut with "windows" using graduated sizes of same-shaped dies. The 3 layers were then adhered with dimensional foam to a white A2 size cardstock base.
Flowers and buttons were added as embellishments. (I didn't have a smaller coordinating button to go in the center of the flower in the upper left, so I used some dimensional pearls. The "pearl" is a little lopsided, but it'll do!)
Here's some of the suppplies I used:
Thanks for taking a peek!!