Tuesday, February 28, 2012


This was actually a very simple card, but I really like the way it turned out. I inked the stamp with Barn Door Distress ink, spritzed it with water and then stamped onto the wine label. Honestly, I didn't think it needed anything else, so I trimmed the label, glued onto a slightly larger piece of gold metallic cardstock. This was then glued onto a slightly larger piece of white cardstock, and finally onto a black card base. Then I added the gold "gems" for the final touch.

Here's the supplies:

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you come back again!


Here's how I did it:
First I inked up the Misty Swirl stamp with Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress inks, spritzed it with water and stamped onto the wine label. I didn't really like the way it looked, but I was NOT going to waster a wine label. So, I inked up the Floral Brocade stamp the same way and stamped it OVER the previous stamped image. I'm not 100% thrilled with the result, but I thought it would do! ;-)  
I inked the Simple Frame with brown ink and stamped it onto a piece of cream colored cardstock. I wanted to bring out the red on the label, so I trimmed a piece of red paper to fit inside the frame, then trimmed the label so that there would be a small red border around the label. The cream cardstock piece was then adhered onto red paper, and finally adhered onto my kraft cardstock card base.
Finally, I added the paper flowers and brad as embellishments.

Here's the supplies:

Glad to have you visit!!

Wine Label Card #3

Got a chance to sit down and "play" with the wine labels again! I tell ya, this can be addicting!!! Anyway, here's card #3:
Here's how I did it:
I inked up the Starburst Lace stamp with Scattered Straw, Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage Distress inks, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto the wine label. I then rounded the edges of the label and distressed with Bundled Sage and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. The label was then adhered to a gold metallic cardstock. For the background, I randomly stamped the same stamp (inked the same way as for the wine label) onto a piece of a light peach colored cardstock. Before gluing the background onto the card base, I added the off-white lace. The label was glued on top of that, and the finishing touch of the lace "bow" was applied with a glue dot.

Here's the supplies:
Thanks for dropping by!!

Thursday, February 23, 2012


Well, here's my second wine label card. These wine labels are so beautiful and a lot of fun - but challenging - to use. So far, neither card I've made with the wine labels has turned out according to my original ideas! However, I don't want to waste the labels, so I'm learning to improvise. Here's the card:
Here's how I did it:
I inked my floral stamp with Versamark, stamped it on the wine label and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I glued the label onto a piece of black cardstock, then glued that on to a piece of red patterned paper. (It's actually Christmas paper, but I loved the way the colors looked with the label!) This was then glued onto my black card base.  The sentiment was inked with Versamark, stamped on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. This was then glued on to a strip of gold paper. I had a piece of wide red ribbon (that I salvaged from a Christmas gift) and wrapped it around a piece of black cardstock. It almost gives it a "velvet" look. Then, I glued the ribbon strip on to my card base. The final touch was the two red gemstones on the sentiment strip.

Here's some of the supplies:

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012


I recently received an assortment of beautiful wine labels from a "stamping sister" who lives in France. The labels are absolutely beautiful and I consider them a treasure. Hence, I've been very nervous about using them because I don't want to waste them. So.....here's my first (of hopefully several) "Wine Label Cards":
Here's how I did it:
I cut out the flower corners and some individual butterflies out of my patterned paper (see supply list). The wine label was cut into an oval shape, then lightly distressed first with Aged Mahogany, then Brushed Corduroy, and finally, Walnut Stain Distress inks. The label was then glued onto a rectangular piece of the main portion of the same 12x12" piece of paper. This rectangle was then distressed with Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress inks. I wanted the card base to be the same deep reddish color in the flower corners, but I didn't have anything even close. So, I took a piece of cranberry colored cardstock and covered with with Walnut Ink Distress Stain, and the color ended up being perfect! Woohoo!!!! Being happy with the color, I adhered by rectangle wine label piece onto the card base. The cut out flower corners were adhered to the card with 3D foam squares. The butterflies were adhered to the card with Glossy accents and embellished with colored pearls.

Here's the supplies I used:

Thanks for looking!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012


A dear friend of my husband's is celebrating his 90th birthday this week! What a milestone! My husband asked me to make a card for him. I immediately thought of this awesome paper collection from Bo Bunny called "Timepiece". There was only one stamp used on this card, and that was the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Hero Arts. Everything else was from Bo Bunny "Timepiece" 12X12 paper collection. Here's the card:
And here's the supplies:

As always, thanks for stopping by!