Saturday, March 15, 2014

ANOTHER QUICK CARD CHALLENGE

Here's another card I made for a 90 minute scramble with the Hero Arts Flickr Group.  This scramble was actually about 5 weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting it!!! The challenge was to use the colors of silver and pink.

For this A2 size card, I used embossing paste with the Memory Box "Texture Mesh" stencil. This has to be my favorite stencil (that I own anyway) as the possibilities with it are endless. Anyway.....after I smeared the embossing paste over my stencil, I removed the stencil, and (while the paste was still wet) sprinkled silver embossing powder over it, then heat embossed. The butterflies (Hero Arts CL497) were stamped with Versamark ink on white cardstock, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then sponged Distress Ink "Pickled Raspberry", and Hero Arts "Bubble Gum" ink over the butterflies. I also used a silver gel pen to add a little silver to the butterflies. Then I gently smeared "Diamond" Distress Stickles over the butterflies for a little more shimmer. The little heart stamps were inked with the same colors as the butterflies. 

Thanks for looking!!

To purchase any of the Memory Box products used here, please visit www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.com  for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment