Tuesday, June 5, 2012


I'm the kind of person that, when I make cards, I just start "creating" and see what comes out of it! Sometimes I have something as an inspiration, and sometimes I'm just winging it. Also.....sometimes they work out well, and sometimes.....well....you'd never see it posted here! ;D

This card I made based on a sketch challenge over at Hero Arts. And, this was the sketch I used:
I rarely use sketches as a guide for making a card, but I have to admit, I had a BLAST with this one!! Here's my card:
Here's how I did it:
The red gingham areas are scraps of patterned paper. The blue and red striped rectangles were made my inking HA Canvas Stripes stamp with Faded Jeans distress ink and Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler ink onto white cardstock. The stamped image was then distressed with Frayed Burlap distress ink. The kraft areas were made my inking my stamps with Versamark ink, stamping onto kraft cardstock, and heat embossing with white embossing powder. The blue "denim looking" strips is actually washi tape. I cut the shapes to match the sketch as much as possible, and adhered them to my 5x7" kraft cardstock base. I decided to add the red ric-rac, which I love! Silver star brads were added to the sentiment, which was then adhered to the card with foam tape.

For quite a while now, I've been using a feature called InLinkz to post the supplies I use for my cards. I've been very pleased with this service and highly recommend it to fellow bloggers. As a matter of fact, check it out for yourself here!

And, here's my list of supplies:

I love visitors!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!


I guess I've been on a bit of a masculine card kick lately! So, here's another one I want to add to my stash:
This card was very quick and easy! I used more of my homemade washi tape. (How To's on making your own washi tape is explained in my previous post, with a link to an instructional video!) The circle stamp was inked with Frayed Burlap and Faded Jeans distress inks (same inks as used on the washi), misted with water, and stamped on white cardstock. The circle was then distressed with Faded Burlap distress ink.

The washi tape was adhered to the white cardstock base. The circle stamp was adhered with foam tape.

Here's my supplies:

Thanks for looking!