Monday, January 30, 2012

Lily Pad Cards' Patterned Paper Challenge #3

Card #3 also incorporates the use of the Silhouette Cameo! I originally saw the Silhouette die used for this card on Kristina Werner's blog. You can see her card here. It's called a "card wrap". Here's my card:
The Silhouette die (cut on a 12X12" piece of brown cardstock)actually cuts a heart to use to close the flaps in the center. However, you could use whatever shape you want. I've left my "closure" piece off until I'm ready to send the card. I'll be needing to remove the insert so that I can write a note on it.


Here's the inside of the card (showing the card insert) with the flaps open:
This is the insert removed from the "card wrap":
The insert is a sheet of double-sided patterned paper cut down to fit nicely inside the card wrap. The card wrap measures approximately 6x6". I cut a strip of coordinating paper for the middle of the card to break the busyness of the pattern up. The flower and sentiment were then stamped on a third piece of coordinating paper that had more of a solid background. Since the card insert is just a flat piece of paper (kind of like a postcard), I decided to add the same strip of paper down the back side of the insert which will allow me to write a note when the time comes! 


Here's the back of the card insert:
Here's the supplies:




Thanks for visiting!!

1 comment:

  1. Theresa, this card is gorgeous! What a neat design - so cool with the beautiful wrap! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete