Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flower Soft

I recently discovered a new and REALLY cool embellishment called "Flower Soft". It's been around for a while, but it's new to me.  It adds almost a "realistic" dimension to images.  I had received this stamp from a friend and for a while, I was struggling with how to use it creatively. When I saw "Flower Soft", I thought I'd give it a try with this stamp. Here's the card:
Here's how I did it:


I stamped with image with black ink onto white cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers. Then the image was cut out. I applied Glossy Accents to the bottles to give it the shine and let it dry. One the Glossy Accents was dry, I applied Flower Soft to the flowers. I actually had to create my own colors of Flower Soft, because I have a very limited supply.  It was very easy to do though. I just put a little bit of Ivory Flower Soft into a ziplock bag, added some alcohol ink and "rubbed it in" to get the colors I wanted.


The background is embossed white cardstock.  I colored it with Antique Linen Distress Ink, but it ended up being a little more color than I wanted. So I "whitewashed" it with Picket Fence Distress Stain. The stamped image was adhered to the background with 3D foam squares for added dimension. Then, it was all adhered to black cardstock. I really love the look of the Flower Soft!!!


Supplies:




Thanks for looking!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the flowersoft. Liked your idea of coloring with alcohol ink too. Good thinking. Your bottles look so realistic with the Glossy Accents applied...they really do look like glass. I have this stamp and you've inspired me to try something similar. TFS

    ReplyDelete