Sunday, January 8, 2012

Chevron Heart

Recently, through the Flickr Hero Arts site, I saw this post of a card using a technique creating chevron or zig-zag patterns from patterned paper.  Jennifer McGuire has done an excellent video demonstrating this technique.  You can find it here. I loved the look this created and wanted to give it a try.  In all honesty, I had a heck of a time the first go-around.  I didn't put enough adhesive on the paper that my strips were mounted on, so when I cut my final image, a LOT of my tiny strips fell off! I tried to glue it back together by finding the appropriate piece but got frustrated and threw it all away.  The stubborness in me then took over and I decided that I was not going to let it get the best of me and gave it another try.  I still had a few problems, but I was happy with the end result.
Here's how I did it:
Watch Jennifer's video to learn how to create the chevron pattern! Once mine was completed, I used my Fiskars Shape Template to cut out my heart.  My cutter didn't actually go through all the paper, so I had to help it out a bit with my scissors.


My white background is white cardstock dry-embossed in my Cuttlebug. (See supply list below.) I glued this embossed piece onto a slightly larger piece of kraft cardstock.  I adhered my chevron heart to the background with 3D foam squares.


The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock cut into a banner shape. This was adhered with 3D foam squares as well.


I then shaped hearts out of thin copper wire and adhered them to the sentiment strip with a glue dot. Then the metallic "gems" were glued on to hide the glue dot. 


All this was then adhered to a 5x7" card. (I don't know why it is, but I'm stuck on 5x7" for the vast majority of my cards. I guess I think the bigger the better!???)  :D


Here's the supplies:

Thanks for looking!  Come back anytime!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the way your heart turned out, Theresa! Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete