Monday, January 30, 2012

Lily Pad Cards' Patterned Paper Challenge #2

Here's card #2 using patterned paper. This card was inspired by a technique taught on the recent Online Card Class. Here's my card:
Here's the inside:
Closeup of the flower:
And, here's how I did it:
I recently purchased a Silhouette Cameo Die Cutting Machine and WOW, am I having fun with it!!  This particular shape happened to be a "Free Shape of the Week" and I couldn't resist trying it! The shape is called "3D Fanned Flower" The shape is originally sized for a 12X12" piece of paper, but I sized it down to fit on a 6X6". I then cut the die using a double-sided piece of patterned paper. Once I knew the finished size of the flower, I cut a circle - slightly larger than the flower - on the front of the card. Instead of using twine or ribbon, I decided to cut skinny strips of the same patterned paper and glue them to the front of the card.

The flower was then glued to the INSIDE of the card so that it would "peek" through the circle. I originally used Dimensional Pearls for the inside of the flower, but didn't really liked the way it looked. So, I just stuck a big white pearl in the center! A stem and leaves were cut from the same paper and glued under the flower.  Then, the sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

I also debated on whether or not to stamp or add something else to the front. But, the more I looked at it, the more I liked the simplicity of it. Then, the inside of the card becomes the "highlight".

Here's the supplies:




Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. lovely card... and love that 3d flower. I need to use my silhouette more often :P

    ReplyDelete