Monday, January 2, 2012

Lily Pad Cards Chipboard Challenge - Card #3

Here's the 3rd card for the Lily Pad Cards Chipboard Challenge. This card is a bit "simpler" and incorporates a chipboard flower and chipboard strip.  No wire this time ;) I love the clean and simple, yet elegant look of embossed white cardstock.  Having the white background really makes the orange flower "pop".
Here's how I did it:


Once again, I used the adhesive-backed white chipboard from Quick Kutz.  The flower was die cut,  inked with alcohol inks, then covered with crackle paint.  When dry, I adhered paper flowers to the center with glue dots, then placed the gemstone in the center.  The colored strip was cut from the same chipboard piece used to create the flower.


The white background was made by embossing white cardstock with 2 different Cuttlebug embossing folders.  These pieces where then glued on to kraft paper with the different patterns being separated by the chipboard strip. The flower was adhered to the card with 3D foam dots.


The sentiment was stamped on a strip of the embossed "dot" paper.


Here's the supplies:






I really appreciate you taking time to check out my blog.  I hope you come back often!

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card, Theresa! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card too is just lovely! I also like the simplicity of a white embossed bg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another standout, Theresa! You are on a roll, girl! Love that swirly embossing folder; I don't think I've seen it before, but you've put it on my list. And you're so right, the gorgeous flower really stands out against the brigh white embossing! I'm so glad you're enjoying this challenge at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you gave that chipboard flower such wonderful texture...this card is right up there with your other two challenge cards, they are all simply gorgeous!
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete