Tuesday, January 3, 2012

ELLEN HUTSON LLC HERO ARTS WOOD TAKE 'N MAKE

I've never made a "retirement" card before, but I ran across this quote and thought it was oh-so-true....at least it will be in my case!! (I don't know that I'll ever be able to retire!  It's a ways off though........) Anyway, I wanted to make a card to go along with this quote, and this is what I came up with.  
Here's how I did it:
I inked the cloud stamp with Broken China Distress Ink, spritzed it with water and stamped onto white cardstock and let the ink dry. Then, I inked the skyline stamp with Versamark and stamped over the clouds image and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  This image was adhered onto black cardstock.  

I stamped "Norm" ( ;D ) with black ink, colored with Copic markers and cut him out.  I adhered him to an oval shape with 3D foam dots. He kind of got lost in the skyline without the white oval behind him!

The quote was printed off the computer onto white cardstock.  I used my Fiskar template and cutter to cut the oval (used the same tools to cut the oval behind "Norm"). I decided to cut off the top & bottom of the quote oval so that it would cover less of the stamped skyline image and adhered it to the card with 3D foam dots. The "quote dots" were made with a regular hole punch and adhered with 3D foam dots.

Here's the supplies:




I still have a while to wait until retirement, but I do look forward to getting out of the rat race, and I think it'll be worth living on a little less cheese! :D
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment