Monday, February 20, 2012

SENDING HUGS!

It's been a while since I've posted anything....time just hasn't permitted much "crafting". Finally, I was able to sit down and create some cards for this month's Hero Arts Challenge. I used one of the sketches for my inspiration. I chose this sketch because I don't do much with circle stamps/images, so I thought this might be more of a challenge for me. So.....here's what I came up with:
Here's how I did it:
I inked the stamp with Versamark ink and stamped the image onto a yellow paint chip sample (yep, paint chip!) and heat-embossed it with white embossing powder. I then cut out the stamped image and adhered it to slightly larger circle of dark grey cardstock. I cut a square of patterned paper 1/2" smaller than the dimension of my card so that I could have a 1/4" border of white all the way around. I added the strip of grey and yellow ribbon to the patterned paper before I adhered it to the card base. Then, I glued on the stamped image onto the card. The sentiment (which I actually cut apart - I cut off "and kisses") was stamped and added to the ribbon strip along with the bows and yellow pearls. Butterflies were punched out of the same dark grey cardstock as the larger circle and adhered to the card, then accented with yellow pearls.


Here's some of the supplies:




Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment