Monday, May 5, 2014

HI THERE!!

Today is the first day of a new Online Card Class titled "Watercolor for Cardmakers". I absolutely love the look of watercolor, but am a little lacking in the creative side of it in relation to cardmaking. Just from the first day, I can tell this class is going to be EXCELLENT!!

Here's the first card I made:
I used Distress Inks stamped on an acrylic block, then spritzed with water to create the striped affect. Each color was stamped with the ink pad onto an acrylic block individually, spritzed with water, then pressed onto the watercolor paper with the colors slightly overlapping. Each color was allowed to dry before applying the next color. (I cheated and used my heat gun!),The colors of Distress Ink I used are:  Pickled Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, and Salty Ocean (from bottom to top).

The butterfly and sentiment stamps were inked with black ink and stamped over the watercolor background when it was completely dry.

If you're interested in any of these Online Card Classes, check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment