Tuesday, May 27, 2014

BUTTERFLY FLUTTER

This card incorporates the Memory Box Butterfly stencil set, which includes "Butterfly Flutter" (#88560) and "Butterfly Delicate Butterflies" (#88561):
To make this card, I stenciled the "Butterfly Flutter" stencil onto a piece of 4x5.25" white cardstock. I used Distress Inks in "Peeled Paint", "Peacock Feathers", "Salty Ocean" and "Mustard Seed". For the detail of the butterflies, I inserted the "Butterfly Delicate Butterflies" stencil inside the "Butterfly Flutter" stencil so that I knew where my detail would be. I then used the same colors of Distress Inks which darkened the main part of the butterfly and made the details look lighter. For a few of the circles, I colored the inside with "Spiced Marmalade" Distress Ink. Then, I distressed the edges of this white piece with "Salty Ocean" Distress Ink and adhered it to a bright yellow 4.25x5.5" piece of cardstock. This was then glued to my white cardbase. The sentiment banner was made using Simon Says Stamp's "Tilted Banner Sayings" and coordinating die. For the final touch, I added some coordinating gems.

To purchase the Memory Box stencils used here, as well as other high quality craft items, please visit www.thefruitofmyhands.com  for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment