Tuesday, April 29, 2014

PLAYING WITH POPPIES

I absolutely love poppies and this Memory Box die "Darling Poppies" is absolutely beautiful and so fun to play with. It's a great die to use with scraps of cardstock and/or patterned paper!

Every once in a while, I'll dig through my scrap bin and try to use as many scraps as I can. Recently, I found several scraps of glossy cardstock covered with alcohol inks. I decided to use some of these on cards that incorporated the poppy die. Here's the three I made:

CARD 1:

CARD 2:
CARD 3:


All 3 cards are A2 size (4.25x5.5"). For the blossom portions of the flowers, I colored the outline portion of the die cut with a coordinating, slightly darker color of Copic marker. For Card 2, I also outlined the outline (hope that makes sense!) with an ultra fine point black Sharpie. I'm not too sure what I think about it. What do you think??

I was very pleased with the way the orange poppies looked on the vellum and against the cork background. My general "go to" colors with something red are almost always black & white, which is what I chose for Card #'s 2 and 3. Once I chose my background and lay out for each card, I selected a sentiment that would fit the amount of space I wanted to use on the card. I'm definitely not afraid of open space, and actually prefer that on my cards!

I'm so grateful that you came to take a look!!! Come visit any time!

To purchase the Memory Box die used here, as well as other high quality craft items, please visit www.thefruitofmyhands.com  
for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment