Wednesday, February 22, 2012


I recently received an assortment of beautiful wine labels from a "stamping sister" who lives in France. The labels are absolutely beautiful and I consider them a treasure. Hence, I've been very nervous about using them because I don't want to waste them.'s my first (of hopefully several) "Wine Label Cards":
Here's how I did it:
I cut out the flower corners and some individual butterflies out of my patterned paper (see supply list). The wine label was cut into an oval shape, then lightly distressed first with Aged Mahogany, then Brushed Corduroy, and finally, Walnut Stain Distress inks. The label was then glued onto a rectangular piece of the main portion of the same 12x12" piece of paper. This rectangle was then distressed with Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress inks. I wanted the card base to be the same deep reddish color in the flower corners, but I didn't have anything even close. So, I took a piece of cranberry colored cardstock and covered with with Walnut Ink Distress Stain, and the color ended up being perfect! Woohoo!!!! Being happy with the color, I adhered by rectangle wine label piece onto the card base. The cut out flower corners were adhered to the card with 3D foam squares. The butterflies were adhered to the card with Glossy accents and embellished with colored pearls.

Here's the supplies I used:

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Theresa, I love how you have used the wine label!