Tuesday, November 27, 2012

WINTER SPARKLES

One of the visual sights I really miss from our time living in Canada is the way  the sun would reflect off the fresh snowfall and make it look like millions of tiny diamonds. Even in the bitter cold (-40F), the sun would still shine, and the sight would almost take your breath away. When I got my "Winter Trees" stamp from Hero Arts, I wanted to try and re-create that. This is what I came up with:
It was a timely process to make this card, as you had to allow for various drying times of ink, Perfect Pearls mist, and Stickles. Here's how I did it:

First, I inked my tree stamp with HA "Stone Wash" ink and stamped onto white cardstock and trimmed it to create a thin white border. Then, I misted it with Perfect Pear Mist (Pearl). I found a coordinating piece of patterned paper that I adhered the stamped image to. Next, I rubbed a thin layer of "Frosted Lace" Stickles over everything. (When I rubbed the Stickles over the stamped image, it started "fading" the ink in spots. I LOVED the way it ended up looking, because it looked like the sky was "glowing" in spots.) I then adhered the 2 layers to my white cardstock card base.

I cut the "Frostyville Border" out of white cardstock, then rubbed a VERY thin layer of "Faded Jeans" Stickles over it. I adhered it to the card front with Glossy Accents.

I live in California now...in an area where we don't see snow...but this card brought back many fond memories of the beautiful - but COLD! - winters we spent in British Columbia!

Here's my supply list:




InLinkz.com

Thanks for looking......and please come back ANY time!! ;D

1 comment:

  1. Theresa,just enoyed a lovely browse through your year of cards. Well, it's hard to pick a fav, but the December frosty & the nativity scene would be my 2 if I were forced to pick TWO! Beautiful, both of them. Thanks for explaining the how-to's. That is always so helpful. I'm so impressed with your skill with the Silhouette, which I've had since April. Tried it out once, still don't really know how to use it! Love your blog. Will be back to visit often. TFS

    ReplyDelete