Friday, November 16, 2012

VINTAGE BIRTHDAY

Because of my procrastination...and pre-occupation with Christmas cards, I realized that I needed to get a birthday card in the mail ASAP for my nephew. After a brief moment of panic, I turned to my 6x6 patterned paper pads (my new addiction) for inspiration.I had just received the MME Lost and Found Two paper pad, so I grabbed it. The antique hot-air balloon on the paper reminded me of the "Flying Airships" stamp set by Hero Arts. That was all I needed to get my mojo going!  Here's my card:
Here's how I did it:
First, I trimmed my patterned paper into a 4.5x6" piece. I inked my "airship" stamp with Walnut Stain Distress ink and stamped it onto the 1.5" strip that I had cut off. I trimmed around the stamped image and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and adhered it onto a solid color piece of scrap cardstock. When I decided on placement of this piece, I realized I'd be blocking part of the white opaque banner on the printed paper. So, I cut a strip of vellum, cut one edge to resemble a banner, and stamped it with my French Script stamp inked in "Sepia" Archival ink. I adhered this to the patterned paper with my ATG, then adhered the stamped image on top of it with foam tape. Before I adhered the patterned paper to by white card base, I wrapped the piece with twine and added the 3 brads. Finally, I inked my sentiment stamp and stamped it onto another scrap piece of paper, cut one end to look like a banner, and adhered it to the card base. LOVE having patterned paper on hand for these "last-minute" cards!!!

Here's my supply list:
InLinkz.com
Thanks for looking! :D

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of Birthdays!! I know an amazing woman who just had hers!! :) Happy Birthday Theresa sorry im a bit delayed I've been in crazy mode lately!! Just know im still thinking about you!! Sending you much much love!!
    xoxo!!! -Leti!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I hope you get this message!! I dont have any other social media sites! haha!!!

    ReplyDelete