Thursday, November 1, 2012

STARBURST LACE

Recently, a challenge was posted on the Flickr Hero Arts Group site, where we were to select one of our "favorites" and use it as an inspiration to create something new. The item I chose as an inspiration was this gorgeous ATC created by Martha. 

Here's my card:
Here's how I did it:
First, I inked the Starburst Lace stamp with Versamark, stamped it on white cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I swiped various colors of distress ink over it to create the background. I wanted a "mottled" affect as opposed to smooth blending and was pleased with the way the background turned out.

Then, I inked the script stamp with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, wiped the ink of a few random spots, then stamped directly over the background. All the Distress Inks wipe off the embossed areas very easily.

I then added the ribbon and the button embellishment.

Finally, I adhered it all to a 5x7 white cardstock base.

Here's the supplies:



InLinkz.com
Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment