Friday, November 9, 2012

"LOVE" INCHIES

This card is similar to a card I made a while ago, but I wanted to change it up slightly. I actually made this card to submit to PaperCraft magazine on World Card Making Day. This was the first time that I submitted anything to a magazine for publication. It was "rejected", but I'm okay with that. There were THOUSANDS of amazing cards submitted. Here's mine:

This was actually a very easy card to make. I inked the "Flower Dot Pattern" stamp with Versamark ink, stamped onto white cardstock, and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I did the same with the sentiment stamp. Then I colored in random spots with a red Copic marker.

Once colored, I used by 7/8" square punch to punch out random squares. 1" squares were cut out of black cardstock to make "frames". I used a heart punch for the heart and colored it red, then glued it onto a 1" square piece of black cardstock.

I wrapped red twine around the front of the card. The squares and the sentiment stamp were then adhered to the card base with dimensional foam.

Here's the supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment