Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lily Pard Card Challenge


I made this card to enter into two Lily Pad Cards Challenges (Color Challenge and Technique Challenge).  The colors for the color challenge were:


 The technique challenge incorporated the "Resist" technique.  

To make this card, I stamped the Penny Black "Paisley Outline" stamp with Versamark ink and stamped onto white cardstock.  This was then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then sponged Distress Ink (Peeled Paint and Wild Honey) over the embossed image. 

I also stamped the Paisley Outline stamp (with Versamark) onto a separate piece of white cardstock, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and sponged with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.  

Then I stamped the flower using Hero Arts "Large Stencil Flower" stamped with Versamark onto vellum, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I cut out the vellum flower, then used the cut out as a guide to cut the same flower shape out of the Victorian Velvet sponged cardstock.  Here's a closer look at the vellum flower on top of the Victorian Velvet sponged cardstock:
The center of the vellum flower was highlighted with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink using a Cut-n-Dry pen nib. Finally, I applied various sizes of adhesive pearls to the center.






3 comments:

  1. I love your card, Theresa! Beautiful shades of Kathy's colors, and just a beautiful creation - thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Theresa what a gem you are to post all of these details that you used to create your card. Your card is so beautiful and so elegant!!!!! Love the softness and vellum as well. Thanks so much for participating in the "Kathy's Color Pad Palette Challenge" :)

    ReplyDelete