Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Card or Wall Decor??

The inspiration for this project came from my daughter's bedroom.  She chose to paint her room in these colors and I really liked the way it turned out.  I had always wanted to make a grid card (I've tried many, but this was my first 'success') so I decided to incorporate these colors.  Here's how I did it:

The red squares were made by generously swiping white cardstock with "Fired Brick" Distress Ink, then lightly swiped with "Black Soot" Distress Ink.   I then inked the Hero Arts "Fabulous Flourish" stamp with Versamark and stamped onto the red paper.  Then, the stamped images was sprinkled with black embossing powder and heat embossed.

The black squares with the swirls was made by stamping cream colored cardstock with Hero Arts "Florentine Pattern" stamp inked with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

The cream colored squares were stamped with Hero Arts "Classic Fabric Design" stamp inked with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder.

The stamped images were then randomly cut into squares using a 1.5" paper punch, arranged, and applied to cream colored cardstock.

Now, my dilemma is whether to use it as a card, or as wall decor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment