Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Resist Technique


I really love the resist technique, and I really love the Hero Arts "Lotus" stamps.  I wanted to make a card for a friend who loves the color "sapphire blue", so I came up with this.  Here's how I did it:

I stamped the "Lotus Background" stamp with Versamark ink and stamped it on white cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.   Then I covered the cardstock with "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink.  

The large flower in the center was made using the "Lotus Leaves" clear stamp set with the individual stamps aligned on a clear acrylic block.  These stamps were then also stamped with Versamark, heat embossed with white embossing powder and sponged with "Faded Jeans" and "Chipped Sapphire" Distress inks (for the "head" of the flower) and "Peeled Paint" & "Forest Moss" Distress inks for the stem and leaf.  The flower was then cut out, placed on white cardstock, and cut out again. 

I made the center strip by taking a strip of plain white cardstock and "smearing" it with "Faded Jeans" Distress ink by pressing/rubbing the ink pad over the cardstock until I achieved the color I wanted.

After gluing a strip of white ribbon onto the surface, the background and strip were glued onto a 5x7 white card.   The flower was then adhered with 3D foam squares.  The sentiment was also adhered with a 3D foam square, and finally, white adhesive pearls were added to border a portion of the sentiment.

These Hero Arts "Lotus" stamps are becoming some of my favorites - especially the background.  Sorry, but you'll probably see more cards soon with that same background stamp! ;-)  It's always fun to play with a new stamp over and over again!!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and design, Theresa! Love the contrast between the white and the blue. It really makes it stand out. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - I like that you used a background and a stamp that matched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with a striking color scheme. The white embossing is so lovely with the saturated blue and I really like the detail with the pearls. Thanks for joining the challenge at Lily Pad Cards.

    ReplyDelete