Thursday, September 15, 2011

I just can't resist "resist"!!


Okay......so here I go again.  Yep, it's the same Hero Arts "Lotus Background" stamp!  Ya just gotta love it!!!  I made this card using a couple of different resist techniques.  The background was made by stamping the Lotus Background, "painted" with acrylic paint, onto white cardstock.  After the paint dried, I covered the design with Frayed Burlap Distress Stain.  The center of the card was the Lotus Background stamped with Versamark ink onto off-white cardstock, heat embbssed, then covered with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The shape was cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four. The center shape was then glued onto the background aligning with the pattern of the stamp.

Wide ivory satin ribbon was then added.  I really wanted a lotus-type flower as the embellishment, so I took a flower from the Petaloo "Color Me Crazy" pack, folded 2 of the petals toward the center of the flower and created my own "lotus".   I made loops of narrow brown ribbon and inserted them in between the petals of the flower.  The flower was then embellished with a variety of adhesive pearls and gems. I glued the flower to the card using 3D foam squares to give it some dimension. Here's a close-up of the flower:





The greeting was stamped with Walnut Stain Distress ink and cut out using Spellbinders Nestabilities Mega Ovals LG.


I'm not very good at sketching out a card ahead of time......I just seem to create as I go.  However, there are certain aspects of this card that I would do differently were I to make a similar card again.  But, that's okay!!  Live and learn right??!!!

2 comments: