Friday, September 16, 2011

Lily Pad Cards Sketch Challenge (presented by Hero Arts)


Here's a card I made for a Lily Pad Cards Sketch Challenge.  This challenge was presented by Hero Arts. Here's a picture of the sketch:

My husband and I will soon be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary.  I'm always stumped when it comes time to make a card for him.  Masculine cards are a challenge for me!  However, this sketch really inspired me for this card.  Here's how it was done:

Penny Black's Paisley Outline stamp was stamped with Versamark ink onto strips of black, white, and red cardstock.  The black and red strips were then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The white strip was heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I then cut the strips to the size I wanted and used some of the "scrap" strips to break things up a bit. These strips were then adhered to the card.

The heart was made using my Cuttlebug and their heart-shaped die cut.  Then, the heart was embossed using the Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder.  The heart was then adhered to the strips with 3D foam squares.

The sentiment is from Inkadinkado's Wedding clear stamp set.  The stamp was inked with Versamark, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Finally, silver adhesive gems were then added as embellishments........and this is where some significant meaning comes into play.  The single silver pearl on the heart symbolizes the fact that my husband and I are of one heart - always and forever.  The three silver gems underneath the sentiment represent our 3 children whom are the most precious blessings of our 28 years together!

Thanks Lily Pad Cards and Hero Arts for your timely and special inspiration!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch, Theresa! Love your masculine card; happy anniversary and thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing take on the sketch, Theresa! Love the embossed strips against the bold black card base. Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful 28th anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete