Saturday, January 3, 2015

I LOVE YOU

Happy New Year!! I am privileged and blessed to be a member of the design team for The Fruit of My Hands. This is a wonderful sight that sells high quality dies stamps at reduced prices. For our first post as a Design Team, we're all creating Valentine theme cards. Here's mine:
Here's how I made it:
First, using kraft cardstock, I cut three die cuts from the Memory Box "Woodland Branch" die (#98187) and glued them on top of each other for a little bit of dimension. Next I cut the two birds out of red cardstock using Poppy Stamps "Peaceful Bird" die (#929). The white heart was cut out of white corrugated paper. I adhered the white heart to a leftover piece of kraft cardstock. The branch was placed and glued on top of the heart. For the snow, I used Flower Soft "Polar White" by running a thin line of Flower Soft glue along the top of the branches, then pressing the Flower Soft into the glue. The birds were then glued on top of the branch (with one of the bird die cuts flipped horizontally so that the birds would be facing each other). Three small red hearts were cut using this die from Simon Says Stamp. These hearts were glued randomly to the card front, then covered with "Fired Brick" Distress Stickles. When the stickled hearts were dry, I glued my focal piece to my A2 white cardstock base. The stamped sentiment is from Avery Elle's "Handwritten Notes" stamp set.

To purchase Memory Box, Poppy Stamps, and many other fine dies, please visit The Fruit of My Hands.

1 comment:

  1. Great Cards Theresa. Love this simple and elegant Bird Die. Thanks for being part of the Design Team.

    ReplyDelete