Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MEMORY BOX HEART DIES

I just received some new Memory Box dies that I've been so eager to create with! These dies were purchased from the wonderful web site The Fruit of My Hands. As part of the design team, I wanted to make some cards with some of the newer items sold by Memory Box. Here's the first card:
To make this card, I cut a 4"x5.25" piece of white cardstock. I colored some white embossing paste with a drop of "Broken China" Distress Ink. Temporarily adhering (I use washi tape) my piece of white cardstock to a non-stick craft sheet and adhering the Memory Box "Textured Mesh" stencil (#88517) over the cardstock and onto the craft sheet, I smeared the colored embossing paste over the stencil. Then, I carefully lifted the stencil and let the paste dry. Next, I die cut the heart shapes out of an adhesive-backed cork sheet using the Memory Box "Precious Hearts" die (#98474). They were then placed on top of my mesh pattern. The sentiment is from an old, retired, Stampin' Up! stamp. It was adhered to the card front with foam tape. Finally, this finished piece was adhered to my A2 kraft cardstock base.

Here's the second card:
For this card, I also used an A2 kraft cardstock base. I LOVE kraft cardstock! To make this card, I cut several die cuts from the Memory Box "Twirled Heart Border" die (#98279). Each cut was made with a different, but coordinating piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye "Dolled Up" 6X6 paper pad. I had a leftover piece of white woodgrain cardstock that I really wanted to use. So, I adhered the outline of the heart border to my woodgrain cardstock. Then, I selected random hearts from my other die cuts and glued them inside the heart border. All this was then glued to the front of my kraft cardbase. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's "Simply You" stamp set. For the stitching, I simply used a white gel pen. 

To purchase Memory Box and other fine quality craft dies and stencils at discounted prices, please visit The Fruit of My Hands.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cards, Thanks so much for being part of the team.

    ReplyDelete