Saturday, January 10, 2015

100TH SCRAMBLE

Today, the Hero Arts Flickr group held their 100th 90-minute Scramble! We were to create a card using our all-time favorite Hero Arts image stamp and Hero Arts sentiment stamp. I couldn't pick just one image stamp, so I decided to try 2 together. I chose to use Hero Arts Silhouette Grass and Hero Arts Leafy Vine. I wasn't sure how the two would work together, and I was ho hum about it at first. But, the more I look at, the more it's growing on me! My sentiment was an easy choice. I chose "You Are Special" from Hero Arts Great Flourish Messages stamp set. These sentiments are so elegant! So....here's my card:
To make this A2 size card, I started with a 4"x5.25" piece of white cardstock. I inked my Leafy Vine stamp with "Bundled Sage" and Brushed Corduroy" Distress Inks, spritzed it with water and stamped it onto my cardstock. Once that was dry (I cheated and used a heat gun since I only had 90 minutes!), I inked my Silhouette Grass stamp with Versamark ink, stamped it a bit off-center, then heat embossed the image with gold embossing powder. This piece was then adhered to a 4.25"x5.5" piece of gold cardstock, then finally adhered to my white card base. For the sentiment, I inked the stamp with Versamark, and again heat embossed with gold embossing powder. This was then adhered (off-centered) to the card front with foam tape. The final touch was a few gold gems on the sentiment piece.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Theresa, one of the more lovely ones from the scramble.

    ReplyDelete