Sunday, July 6, 2014

MY "PRIZE" STAMP

The stamp used on the card I made here (Hero Arts CG403) was in a prize package I received in the last 90-minute scramble hosted on the Hero Arts Flickr site.This stamp creates such a beautiful background for a card. The individual flowers can be cut out and used by themselves too. Here's my card:

To make this A2 size card, I inked the stamp with white ink and stamped onto a piece of gray cardstock trimmed to 4x5.25". After cleaning off the stamp, I inked it with Versamark ink, stamped it on white cardstock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then colored it with "Milled Lavender", "Shaded Lilac" and "Dusty Concord" distress inks. (I pressed the stamp pad on my nonstick craft sheet & misted it with water to create my "watercolors".) I used "Mowed Lawn" for the leaves. Then, the flower image was cut out. The flower was attached to the gray background with foam adhesive. I wrapped a piece of white satin ribbon, then silver ribbon along the left-hand side of the gray base. All this was then attached to my white cardstock base, and gems were added for the finishing touch.

Thanks so much to Laura Norris for the beautiful stamp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment