Saturday, July 12, 2014

FLOWERS & STRIPES

I recently hosted a 90-minute Scramble on the Hero Arts Flickr group. What a blast!!! My theme was flowers and stripes/plaids/checks. These were 2 of the cards I made as inspiration.

CARD #1

For this A2 size card, I used Hero Arts "Tall Flower" stamp and Hero Arts "Canvas Stripes" stamp. First I inked the flower stamp with black ink, stamped it onto white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. Then, I fussy cut around the bottom of the flowers to use only that portion of the stamped image. I inked the canvas stripe stamp with "Faded Jeans" distress ink and stamped onto a 4x5.25" piece of white cardstock which was then adhered to my white card base. The flowers were adhered to the card front with foam adhesive. The "Absolutely" and "Amazing" are from this die/stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. The blue strip behind "Absolutely" was made by swiping my "Faded Jeans" Distress Ink pad across white cardstock so that it would coordinate with my canvas stripes. The "Amazing" sentiment was also inked with "Faded Jeans" Distress ink.

CARD #2

For this card I used Hero Arts "Large Line Flowers" stamp and Hero Arts "Tweed Pattern" stencil. I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 4x5.25". I used white embossing paste to stencil a portion of the tweed pattern onto the left hand side of my card. The flowers were made by inking my stamp with Versamark ink, stamping onto vellum, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I fussy cut out 3 of the flowers. The stenciled kraft piece was adhered to my white cardstock base. The flowers were then added along the right side of the card, and finally embellished with gems in the flower centers.

1 comment:

  1. Theresa it was such a fun scramble, and your sample cards are gorgeous! What excellent samples for your theme.

    ReplyDelete