Thursday, July 3, 2014

MEMORY BOX BUTTERFLY ARCH

I recently received these brand new dies from Memory Box: "Delicate Butterfly Arch" (#98982) and "Solid Arch Background" (#98992). Here's 3 different cards I made with them:

Card #1
For this card, I cut 2 of the "Delicate Butterfly Arch" and joined them together. Then I cut 2 of the "Pippi" Butterflies and applied glitter to them. The Pippi Butterfly is the same shape and size as the main butterfly on the "Butterfly Arch", but the details are slightly different. However, you have to really look closely to tell the difference! These were adhered to a kraft background and then to my white A2 card base. Then I added some blue gems to the center of some of the flowers.

Card #2
I cut the butterfly arches for this card out of thin wood paper. I love the richness of the darker wood behind the lighter. These were adhered to my white A2 card base. Then I added the sentiment and some gold metallic dots for accent.

Card #3
For this card, I cut the "Delicate Butterfly Arch" out of kraft cardstock. I also cut out an extra butterfly. The solid arch was cut from a piece of patterned paper from the Fancy Pants "Country Boutique" 6X6 paper pad. The main background of the card was also cut from coordinating patterned paper from the same pad. The sentiment stamped was inked with Versamark ink, stamped on kraft cardstock, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The final touches were the placement of the extra butterfly and gold metallic gems.

To purchase the Memory Box dies used here, as well as other high quality craft items, please visit 
www.thefruitofmyhands.com  
for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

1 comment: