Monday, April 7, 2014

YOU ARE SPECTACULAR

Here I am playing with another Memory Box die again....as well as some other elements that I don't use very often. Here's my card:
The first thing I did to make this 5x7" card was to cut my diecuts. The star wreath was cut out of Birch Wood Veneer and colored with "Faded Jeans" Distress Stain. I love the way this Distress Stain allows me to color the wood, without covering up the woodgrain! Next, I cut some stars out of adhesive-backed cork and a small piece of white cardstock.

I positioned the die cuts (not glued!!) on the Color Mates "Dark Creamy Cocoa" paper (cut in a 4.5x6.5" piece to allow for a 1/4" white border on all sides). I did this to get an idea of how I wanted to proportion the rest of the elements on my card. I also made small pencil marks to mark the center of my wreath to know where to place my stamped sentiment.

I cut a 2"strip of gray corrugated cardstock and tore the long edges. I then wrapped navy twine around this piece and attached it to my "Cocoa" background. This background piece was then attached to my 5x7" white cardstock base. Using my pencil marks for the center of the wreath, I inked my stamps from Technique Tuesday's "Incredible stamp set with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then, I glued my starry wreath and the individual stars onto my card base. The single white star was covered with "Faded Jeans" Distress Stickles.

The "spectacular" sentiment (from the same Technique Tuesday stamp set) was also inked with Versamark onto a vellum strip, then heat embossed with white embossing powder. This was then glued to the card with small dots of "Glossy Accents" (my favorite adhesive!)

To purchase the Memory Box stencil used here, as well as other high quality craft items, please visit www.thefruitofmyhands.com  
for excellent prices and top-notch customer service!

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment