Friday, January 18, 2013

WARMEST WISHES

2013....a new year...and time for me to step out and try some new things!!! It helps to participate in challenges such as the "Try Something New" challenge @ the Hero Arts blog to get your mojo going!!

I've seen a lot of awesome cards using gelatos™. They're a little pricey for my budget, but I found these gel sticks made by the same company, but geared for kids. From what I understand, they're not much different than the orignal gelatos. Since they were more in my price range, I thought I'd experiment with the cheaper version and see how I liked it. Here's my first card made with my new gel sticks:
I love the bright colors of the gel sticks, and the way they easily blend together. Here's how I made the card:

First, I dry embossed an A2 piece of kraft cardstock. (I LOVE kraft!!) Then, I inked my background stamp with Versamark, stamped it on white cardstock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I "smeared" my gel sticks diagonally across the embossed image with the lightest color on the outside and the darkest on the inside. I used my finger to soften and blend the colors together. I wiped the image with a baby wipe to remove as much color as possible from the embossed portion.

I decided I wanted to make a 5x7 card, so I cut my papers down to fit the way I wanted them to. I added a white strip across the card, but the all white was a little too stark. So I added a strip of the embossed kraft to break it up a bit.  

I had just purchased some American Crafts jute ribbon and used coordinating colors to wrap around my kraft strip. 

The sentiment was stamped on white cardstock with black ink and die cut. This was attached to the card with foam dots.

The bow and butterfly were attached to the card with Glossy Accents and a foam dot.

Here's some of the supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment