Thursday, January 10, 2013

FOREVER MY FRIEND

I absolutely LOVE patterned paper! Generally, I only use it for accents on my cards (backgrounds, or die cut images, etc.). But lately, I've been using it for stamping too. I recently purchased some new stamps w/matching dies (from Simon Says Stamp), as well as some new patterned paper. Thought it was time to put them all to use, so here's what I made:
This card was SUPER easy and SUPER fun!! Here's how I did it:
The flower was cut with my Silhouette Cameo using coordinating pieces of patterned paper. I assembled the flower layers with a single glue dot in the middle, so that I could "fold" the petals forward for some dimension.

I inked my sentiment stamp with black ink and stamped it onto the patterned paper, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the coordinating die. I cut a banner strip from a scrap of the patterned paper. 

To assemble the card, I glued 2 layers of ribbon across the bottom of a 4"x6" piece of kraft cardstock. This was then adhered to my 5"x7" white cardstock base. The banner was adhered on top of the ribbon with my ATG gun. The sentiment was adhered on top of the banner with foam tape. The flower was adhered to the card with glue dots. For the finishing touch, I added flat back pearls to the center of the flower.

Here's my supplies:


Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment