Friday, January 4, 2013

SIMPLE THANK YOU

I'm a firm believer in sending out "Thank You" notes. After the holidays, there's a lot of notes that need to go out. I've gotten to the point where I don't like to send out any store-bought notes/cards...everything has to be handmade! So, I needed something quick and simple. Here's what I came up with:
I actually made SEVERAL of this cards, varying only the embossing folder I used for the background. I wish I had taken pictures of them all! Guess I was just too anxious to get them all mailed out!!

Here's how I did it:
I made several white A2 card bases and ran the front of the card through my Cuttlebug with a variety of embossing folders.

Then, I inked my stamp with blue ink and stamped several times on a sheet of white cardstock, then trimmed each stamped image. The windows were colored in with a yellow Copic marker and the small thank you sentiment was stamped in black ink.

The stamped image was then adhered to the embossed white card base and....voila! That was it!!! I LOVE clean and simple!!

Speaking of clean and simple....I've entered this in the CAS-ual Fridays challenge. Check it out here and see all the other awesome cards that have been created for this challenge!!

Here's my supply list:

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, what a beautiful thank you card! So perfect for your holiday thank yous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little scene is stunning ... I especially like the glow of light in the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card - thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, Theresa!! Love the scene...wonderful stamp...and love how you colored the windows yellow...so pretty!! So happy you were a part of this week's challenge and shared your creativity with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa, I lоve your card, especially as you have picked up color for the stamp. Lada

    ReplyDelete