Wednesday, April 10, 2013

GLITTERY BUTTERFLY

I am definitely not a "blingy" kind of person, but I've really been getting into glitter lately. Although it can be a little bit messy, and I wear glitter for days afterwords (actually there's little bits of glitter all over my house!) it can have some very beautiful effects.

I have a very dear friend who has been struggling with cancer for several years now. Her recent diagnosis was not very encouraging. She is a very strong woman of God and has been an incredible inspiration to me. I wanted to create a card that would lift her spirits. Butterflies always remind me of new life. My friend is forever grateful for the new life that she has in Jesus Christ. She does not fear death because she knows that, when God calls her home, she will be in His presence, COMPLETELY healed! All pain and suffering will no longer exist.

This is my card:
Here's how I made it:
I dry embossed an A2 size piece of white cardstock with this embossing folder, then trimmed it so that I had a narrow border around it when I adhered it to my card base. Then I used the Spellbinders "Fanciful Flight" butterfly to die cut a piece of white cardstock and a double-sided adhesive sheet to create my butterfly. After the die cuts were made, I adhered the adhesive cut to my cardstock cut and peeled off the backing in preparation for my glitter. I sprinkled the glitter over the exposed adhesive and burnished it in with my finger. I used the same procedure for my glitter strip at the bottom of the card. This piece was then adhered to my card base with foam tape. Adhesive-backed gems were added for a finishing touch.

Thank you so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment