Thursday, July 26, 2012

FLY FISHIN'

My husband LOVES to fly fish!!! Unfortunately, he's had very few opportunities since we've moved to Central California from beautiful British Columbia, Canada. He'd be the first to admit that his "skills" are probably getting a little rusty....but it's still a passion of his!!

I made this card for him for Father's Day. (I know...I can't believe it's taken me this long to post it!!!) The card was actually quite easy and a LOT of fun to make. Here it is:
I apologize that I don't have a supply list for this card, but I can give you a general idea of what I did. The size of the card is 5"x7". Basically, I cut an oval out of a 5"x7" piece of patterned paper (I love the plaid!). Before adhering the patterned paper to the card, I glued a strip of adhesive-backed cork onto the white card base. The fish is a thin wood veneer shape that a friend's husband cut. (They're working on setting up a website, and as soon as they do, I'll post on my blog!) I painted the fish with Distress markers and was thrilled with the way it turned out. My husband informed me that this card is definitely a "keeper". ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment