Wednesday, May 9, 2012

BUTTERFLY FLOURISH

The inspiration from this card came from HERE. I had just purchased this stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and was anxious to create something with it. So, incorporating the sketch from my inspiration source with the stamp, here's what I came up with:
Here's how I did it:
I inked the butterfly stamp with black archival ink and stamped onto white cardstock. The stamped image was then colored with Distress Markers. I added stickles to the butterflies to add a little bit of sparkle. Then I swiped distress ink ("Old Paper")over the image, gradually adding darker colors to the edges ("Brushed Corduroy" and "Vintage Photo"). The script background was made from a retired Stampin 'Up stamp (French Script Background) inked with Brushed Corduroy distress ink and stamped over the image.


The embossed backgrounds were made with a Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossing folder on white-core cardstock. I then sanded the embossing to give it a distressed look.


All this was then adhered to a white A2 card base.


Here's most of the supplies:


InLinkz.com
Thanks so much for taking a peek!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment