Sunday, June 16, 2013

FATHER'S DAY

I made this card for my Dad for Father's Day. He's a huge steam locomotive enthusiast and I'd been wanting to use this stamp for a long time. Here's the card:
I was very pleased with the vintage look of the card and the contrast in colors. Honestly, it looks so much better in real life!

Here's how I did it:
The only stamps used were for the train and the sentiment. The train is from 100 Proof Press (#3041) and the sentiment is from Sweet'nSassy (#SNS-031). The stamps were inked with VersaMark, stamped onto patterned paper, and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  The patterned paper is Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market". The card base is 6"x6". The stamped images were trimmed and adhered to coordinating patterned paper. I then cut strips of different sizes from the same patterned paper to compliment the front of the card and adhered them all to my cardbase.

Thanks so much for taking a peek!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful card, Teresa! Love the vintage effect you achieved with those lovely patterned papers and gold embossing. I bet your Dad loved it too - a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete