Thursday, September 6, 2012

FUN WITH BUTTONS

I have been wanting to get one of the Papertrey Ink "Button Bit" stamp sets for soooooo long! I finally got my hands on one of them - the Everyday button bit set. This stamp set is so much fun...and for those of us who need all the help we can get...is designed specifically for use with buttons. It even shows you where to place the buttons! ;D  The only drawback is that, now that I have my button bit stamp set, I'm going crazy for buttons!!!! I'll be posting several cards made with this stamp set and buttons. But for right now, I'll start with these two:
For this card, I stamped the bicycle "button" image onto the patterned paper. The smaller bicycle on the right is actually printed on the paper! I colored in the stamped image with light colors of Copic markers. Then I tore strips of kraft cardstock to make it look like a dirt hill and adhered it onto the patterned paper. The sentiment strip was cut from the same paper pad. The sentiment is also included in the Everyday button bit stamp set. I distressed the edges of the card with distress ink, and finally, I adhered the buttons to the card for the finishing touch. Here's some of the supplies:




This card was super dooper easy! Just stamped the Hot Air balloon image onto the patterned paper. Adhered it to a kraft cardstock base. Then, I cut a stentiment strip out of a piece of paper from the same paper pad and stamped it with a sentiment from the same Everyday button bit stamp set. 
Here's the supplies for this card:

1 comment: