Sunday, July 24, 2011

Final Card for Summer Card Camp 2011 :-(

Well, the Summer Card Camp 2011 has come to a close.  What a wonderful opportunity it has been to learn new techniques, glean advice and suggestions from the "experts", and to be challenged with color combinations I may have never thought of on my own.  This card was made using the color scheme for Week 4 of the Camp as shown below:







For the background behind the flower, I tried Jennifer McGuire's "finger-inking" technique.  First I stamped the background with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern stamps with Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I applied the finger-inking technique using Distress Inks.  The flower was stamped with a Brilliance "Peacock" (3-tone) ink pad. I cut the flower out, then applied it to a sky blue card stock and cut again leaving a border of blue.  The flower was then applied to the background using foam adhesive dots to give it a dimensional look.


Again, the Card Camp was a BLAST, and I can't wait for the next one.  Hopefully, next time I won't go on vacation right in the middle of it.  Had a GREAT time in Canada though!!

1 comment: