Sunday, October 5, 2014

SILVER AND GOLD

I recently purchased this brand new die from Memory Box called "Tall Taper Candle". I think this die can be so versatile and used for a number of different occasions. At the time I received it, I was starting to work on my Christmas cards, so I decided to go with a Christmas theme. All my Christmas cards will, in one way or another, incorporate what I believe is the true meaning of Christmas, which is the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I really wanted to try cutting a die out of foil, so I chose silver and gold. Here's my cards:
For both cards, I ran the die through my Cuttlebug on gold and silver foil. (The picture of the silver card looks almost two-toned. I think it's because the silver foil was backed with gold foil, and the gold is reflecting off the light onto the silver. Kind of a cool affect!) Then I ran the die through twice and cut 2 candles out of white cardstock. The candle pieces where then inserted into this embossing folder and embossed. After gluing the foil candle outline to my white cardstock base, I then inserted and glued the dry-embossed pieces into the candle outline.

The poinsettia was also cut out of silver and gold foil using this die. Pearls were then added to the center of the flowers.

The sentiment stamp was inked with Versamark and heat-embossed with silver and gold embossing powder.

To purchase the "Tall Taper Candle" die and many other high quality dies, please visit The Fruit of My Hands e-store.

Thanks so much for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment